Sunday, February 12, 2012

to u

When there is someone special in my life,
That I really care about as a friend,
and can't get them off my mind,
and I go to sleep with a tightening of the stomach
and a pain in the heart,
What does it mean?

When I cry for joy at every word he says,
and cry bitter tears when I miss him,
and get angry and go for long walks
and melt when he emails,
What does this mean?

When all I want is to be a small part of his life,
and help him along the way, be happy every day,
Then is that true friendship?
You tell me.

What is this, that I feel,
If you have felt like this then share the mystery. 
What is this "miss you friendship all about?

I have a good mind to shut him out!
Close the door and care no more,
And if I could I would...

But I know that I would die of pain,
and it would always thunder and rain,
Because true friendship brings the sun,
and from the sun true happiness comes.